Head Data Scientist
As a Head Data Scientist you’ll be working on one of the world’s largest and unique facial coding databases, trying to understand human behaviour, developing new metrics and making predictions for clients and internal teams alike. You'll be running research projects and providing general advice and assistance with experimental design and statistical methods. You will also be collaborating with our academic partners and selective clients, sometimes travelling to project meetings and presenting your work to academic and industrial audiences.
- Drive AI: Leading data science projects to build and strengthen company predictive models linking human behaviour data to external scores. Initiating, planning and executing research projects in co-ordination with clients and internal teams.
- Analyse Data: Pulling, cleaning and analysing large amount of human behaviour data (facial expressions, audio recordings, surveys, etc.) to derive new business insights, help clients translate complex behavioural data into actionable results. Applying statistical techniques to ensure high quality and validity of our outputs to clients.
- Experiment: Exploring new ideas by designing experiments and building quick prototypes. Staying up-to-date with latest innovation in data science and data mining solutions landscape and regularly evaluating new methods and tools. Helping define company data strategy.
- Sharpen Data Tools: Looking for opportunities to increase team’s efficiency for faster and better statistical analysis, data mining and visualisation of vast amounts of human emotions in the cloud.
- Communicate Results: Presenting and clearly communicating your findings to colleagues, other teams, C-level executives, academic partners and selective international clients.
Professional and personal experience:
- Data scientist: solid background in Statistics (estimation, confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, clustering, unsupervised learning), Predictive Modelling (machine learning, regression, deep learning, boosting, random forests, logistic regression) and Experimental Design. Experience in Computer Vision is a plus.
- Hands on engineer: you work with modern data science toolboxes, such as iPython (numpy, scikit-learn, D3), Spark/Databricks, SQL/Hive/Pig, Git. Experience with ETL, data warehouse and reporting is a plus. You work effectively both alone and in a team.
- Experienced leader: you lead projects in data analytics, data science or research teams for a minimum of 3 years. You are naturally curious, are able to handle ambiguity and put structure to your work. You are aware of the ups and downs of working with mixed scientific and engineering teams in a high pace tech startup environment, and can demonstrate skill in overcoming the lows and maintaining the highs.
- Customer oriented: you strive to understand the needs of our customers and business to translate these into innovative ideas with realistic deadlines, practical solutions and ability to deliver results from early concepts to production. You are driven by the needs of our customers, scientific and technological innovations are your means.
- Skilled communicator: can distil your data analysis and complex ideas to make them universally understandable to any audience. You pay attention to detail and are willing to explain the obvious. Fluent in both written and spoken English. Hungarian is a plus.
- University degree in related Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Econometrics, or similar quantitative degree is required. PhD is a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work in a young but well-established international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact.
- Working with the hottest technologies in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Budget for professional development.
- Strong benefits package including subsidised gym membership/healthy living allowance, frequent team-building and social events, flexible hours, and unlimited holidays. Realeyes is a company that cares strongly about their team members.
- Yearly offsite gathering to let the steam out together.
Please write your application letter and CV in English. Any interviews will also be spoken in English.Apply now